Posted by Leggero
For the sauce :
3 red peppers
4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
For the rice base:
200grams arborio rice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
750 ml vegetable stock or water
50grams parmesan cheese
For the arancini:
100 grams gluten-free breadcrumbs
70 grams gluten-free flour
- Preheat to 200C.
- Chop red peppers and onion.
- Place in a pan and let them cook for 20 min in a bit of water. When the water evaporates add a little more. Repeat this twice during the cooking.
- Place water and vinegar in a pot and bring to boil.
- Add the rice stirring occasionally. Simmer until the water has completely reduced and the rice is sticky and thoroughly cooked.
- Add cooked veggies to the rice and mix in.
- Add cheese and stir in. Allow to rest and cool completely.
- While risotto is cooling, place breadcrumbs, flour, beaten eggs in three separate bowls.
- Roll a ball of risotto to the size of a golf ball. Roll your ball in the gluten free flour, then egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- When you've done this with all the rice place in the preheat oven for 15 min.