Posted by Leggero
Zest of one lemon
3 egg yolks
60 grams caster sugar
40 grams maize flour or potato starch
- In a small pan mix together egg yolks, sugar, maize flour and stir.
- Gently cook the mixture.
- Add milk and continue stirring well. Add lemon zest.
- Move the pan to a low fire until it reaches boiling. Keep stirring well.
- Lower the flame and leave to cook for a further eight to ten minutes stirring continuously.
- When it has become creamy it is ready to cool. Let it cool and refrigerate for two to three hours.